Ultrasound Technicians work with patients to take images and scans of different parts of the body that help doctors diagnose patient conditions and illnesses. If you’re into caring for others, teamwork, and are detail-oriented, this could be a great career for you!
What You'll Do
As an Ultrasound Tech, you’ll
- Operate special imaging equipment to create images or conduct tests
- Work with specialized medical machines and teams of medical professionals
- Prep patients for procedures
- Record findings and keep track of patient records
- Prep, maintain, and operate diagnostic equipment and conduct tests
- Research and Exploration
- Technology and Computing
Want to be an Ultrasound Tech?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.