Automotive Service Tech
Automotive Service Technicians inspect and maintain different types of vehicles. If you enjoy working with your hands, problem solving, and cars and trucks, this career could be a great fit for you!
What You'll Do
As an Automotive Service Tech, you’ll:
- Diagnose and fix automotive equipment problems and mechanical issues
- Check and rotate tires
- Change oil and check fluid levels
- Use a variety of tools and machines to replace, repair and adjust automotive parts
- Help clients get their vehicles back on the road
- Work alone or on a team
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Research and Exploration
Want to be an Automotive Service Tech?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.