Diesel Mechanics work with heavy duty vehicles, such as trucks, forklifts, pickups, and others containing diesel engines. If you’re interested in physical work, enjoying working with machines, and problem solving, this career could be a great fit for you!
What You'll Do
As a Diesel Mechanic, you‚ will:
- Handle many kinds of repairs
- Work on the vehicle’s electrical system and make major engine repairs
- Retrofit exhaust systems with emission control systems to comply with pollution regulations
- Work with plenty of tools, from computerized diagnostic equipment to power and machine tools
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Technology and Computing
Want to be a Diesel Mechanic?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.