Machinists are often called tool makers. They create precision metal pieces using high powered tools to be used in the manufacturing industry. If you have you’re a stickler for accuracy, have a knack for computers, and like powerful machines, this career could be a great fit for you!
What You'll Do
As a Machinist, you’ll
- Work from sketches, blueprints and computer-aided design (CAD) files
- Maintain and operate basic and specialized machine tools and machine parts
- Check products for defects using precision instruments
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Machinist?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.