Carpenters have transferrable skills that are needed in almost every kind of construction project. They work with wood, plastic, and many other materials. With them, they make everything from cabinets and stairways to homebuilding and large industrial projects. To join them, you’ll need problem-solving skills and a love of building things and enjoy physical, detail-oriented work.
What You'll Do
As a Carpenter, you’ll
- Construct, install, inspect and repair structures and fixtures
- Work closely with other construction workers
- Specialize in a particular kind of construction, like being a cabinet-maker or a generalist
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Carpenter?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.