Welders create all different kinds of metal structures and equipment, from bridges, to pipe systems, to chemical plants. If you enjoy working with tools, have an eye for detail, good coordination, and enjoy problem solving, this could be the career for you!
What You'll Do
As a Welder, you’ll:
- Set up and use hand-held metal joining equipment
- Weld or join metal components
- Fill holes, indent, or seams of metal products with precision
- Art, Design, and Creativity
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Welder?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.