Registered Nurses work with medical doctors to treat patients. Many choose to specialize in a field such as oncology or pediatrics. If you have an eye for detail and enjoy caring for people, a career as an RN might be the perfect fit.
What You'll Do
As a Registered Nurse, you‚Äôll:
- Working on teams with other healthcare professionals
- Recording patients’ medical histories and symptoms
- Performing diagnostic tests
- Administering treatments and medications
- Monitoring and counseling patients
- Communication and Collaboration
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Registered Nurse?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.