Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistants work directly with patients in a healthcare setting. This career is great for anyone with an interest in healthcare, with strong communication skills, and who enjoys caring for people.
What You'll Do
As a Physical Therapy Assistant, you’ll:
- Work collaboratively with physical therapists
- Instruct, motivate and safeguard your patients as they practice exercises and functional activities
- Administer treatments, observe patients and document results
- Help maintain physical therapy equipment and associated facilities
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Physical Therapy Assistant?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.