Chef and Head Cook
Chefs and Head Cooks oversee the operation of a kitchen and make sure that we can always find a good place to eat. If you have good people skills, the ability to adapt in different situations, and of course a love for food, this career could be the one for you!
What You'll Do
As a Chef and Head Cook, you’ll:
- Typically oversee the daily food prep
- Supervise and coordinate activities of other cooks and food prep workers
- Develop recipes and create menus
- Inspect the workplace and supplies
- Hire and train workers
- Art, Design, and Creativity
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Chef and Head Cook?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.