Aircraft mechanics are in charge of maintaining and repairing equipment that make planes and helicopters safe to fly. They make sure that all aircrafts meet the standards set out by the Federal Aviation Administration in order to keep people safe. If you like hands-on projects, problem solving, and working with machines, then this could be the career for you!
What You'll Do
As an Aircraft Mechanic, you’ll:
- Inspect completed works
- Repair, inspect, and perform scheduled maintenance on aircraft
- Examine parts for defects, diagnosing mechanical or electrical problems
- Identify repair procedures
- Repairing aircraft components
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be an Aircraft Mechanic?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.