Millwrights, or Industrial Machinery Mechanics, learn the ins and outs of machinery and heavy equipment used by industry, and are in charge of setting it all up and keeping things maintained. If you have an interest in working with tools, physical work, and problem solving, this could be the career for you.
What You'll Do
As a Millwright, you’ll:
- Work on any job site that requires industrial machinery and heavy equipment
- Install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and move machinery
- Work in factories, power plants and construction sites
- Operating Tools and Equipment
- Physical and Hands-on Work
- Problem Solving
Want to be a Millwright?
Explore the education and training opportunities currently available through Louisiana’s 13 community and technical college campuses across the state.